Welcome To Our Official Website
The Committee on 'Socio-Economic Health Development Assam' was established on 2nd May 2006 under Society Registration Act, XXI of 1860 and thereafter simultaneously registered under 12A(a) and 80G of income tax act, FCRA, Domestic Violence Act 2005 and PWD act. The head office of COSEHDA is at Sixmile Jayanagar, House no-35, Guwahati -22 and branch office are at Mission Potty Golaghat, Angardhowa Baksa and Khetri Bherakuchi, Kamrup metro district. Our Society consists of 10 executive members with chief functionary Dr. Sondeep Hanse, President and Dr. Himajit Kr. Barman, secretary of the organization.
Activities undertaken by COSEHDA for the FY 2018-19:
- Activity on Alcohol and Drugs de addiction programs: COSHEDA has been running 15 bedded alcohol and drug de addiction and rehabilitation centre at Khetri Bherakuchi Pathar, near Deffodil nursery, P.O. Dhupguri P.S. Khetri, Kamrup Metro Dist. Under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Activity on health camps under CSR Programs: On the 14 Nov 2018 A CSR health camp was conducted under the sponsorship of Arohan financial service limited, Kolkata at Kaliabor, Sonitpur (Bhatiakhali L.P. school) on 16/11/2018 and another at Sootea, Jamugurihat (Sootea H.S. School) on 17/11/2018.
- running charitable day care clinic: COSEHDA has been running charitable day care clinic for the welfare of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe people at Khetri, Kamrup (M) District.
- Awareness programs : COSEHDA has been organizing various programs such as- rally drive for voluntary blood donation campaign, awareness drive for population control policy, awareness drive for disaster preparedness, awareness drive for the importance of immunization, participation in HIV/AIDS awareness drive for child sex ratio, which hunting, girl child education, women empowerment.
- Activities on protection of women from Domestic violence Act 2005: COSEHDA has undertaken activities of Domestic Violence Act for the promotion of social security and providing legal justice to victimize women in Kamrup metro and Kamrup rural district of Assam.
- Activity for the promotion of sports among Tribal students: COSEHDA has undertaking football coaching among Tribal students in Topatoli and Narengi in Guwahati under Kamrup Metro District with state level coacher.
- Activity for the promotion of culture: COSEHDA has been working for the promotion of Tribal Culture by conducting seminars & awareness programs at Sonapur Digaru in Kamrup metro District. In august 2018 COSEHDA has organized a tribal folk dance competition at Chandrapur in Kamrup metro District. There was display of various traditional tribal dress and tribal foods corner to attract the public.
- Promotion of program for the person with disabilities (PWD): COSEHDA has conducted a large number of eye camps to screen and correct refractive error for visual handicapped patient in Kamrup, Nagaon and Sonitpur district of Assam. COSEHDA has also undertaken disability survey in Goalpara and Baksa district of Assam in last year and the rectification process has been completed this year under the Social Welfare Department and District Administration.
- Income generation from seasonal agriculture and through poultry farming:
COSEHDA has generated fund in the FY 2018-19 through poultry goat farming at Khetri in Kamrup metro Dist. Through the rice cultivation by taking lease land, COSEHDA has also generated income by selling rice.
Activities undertaken in the recent past:
- COSEHDA was engaged in the implementation of NGO services for community Awareness through Development of IEC material, Behavioral Change, Communication and Training under the Assam Urban Infrastructure Investment Program (AUIIP), Govt. of Assam funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- COSEHDA was engaged in construction of low cost toilet under public health Engineering (PHE), Govt. of Assam and also involved in sanitation and health and hygiene program at Kamrup district of Assam.
- COSEHDA was involved in the implementation of PC - PNDT act 1994 and had taken various measures on child sex ratio in Karbi anglong district of Assam under Directorate of Health Services (Family Welfare), Govt of Assam.
- COSEHDA had organized 460 free health camps in remote and unreached areas through Mobile medical dispensary in Kamrup district, Morigaon district, Golaghat district, Karbi anglong district and Tinisukia district
- COSEHDA had organized various blood donation camps in association with Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) blood bank. COSEHDA also received an appreciation award from Assam State AIDS control Society(ASACS) on 14th June 2011 and 2013 for organizing blood donation camps. In the year 2016-17, on dated 14 Nov 2016 on the occasion of Children day, one such big voluntary blood donation camp was organized at Bhetapara, Guwahati-28.
- COSEHDA had conducted various Yoga camps and health check-up camps among the school children of Sonapur and Khetri areas in the Kamrup (M) district. COSEHDA has also distributed various school accessories among the L.P school students.